Throughout the semester, you’ll be organized into groups. You will read and comment on each others’ blog posts for the class. This will help you as writers to think of writing for an audience, and it will also give you an opportunity to practice being a thoughtful responder to digital texts. Comments don’t need to be extensive, but should indicate that you’ve read the post. I’ll check for comments on Saturdays, so complete all your comments before then.
Here are some guidelines:
- Be polite. Obviously. Not trolls, please.
- Keep it short.
- You might want to offer an observation about something in the post
- or ask a question that the post made you think of
- or let the writer know that you had a similar idea
- or comment on something about the post that you particularly liked
- or (politely) disagree with something in the post.